Title: UPDAO Community Improvement Proposal (UCIP): Tournament Prize acquisition
Implementor: UPDAO Treasurer
Category: Fund Allocation
Proposal Committee: Rolldawg#9095
Date of submission:
Abstract: Once the Brawler is available the UPDAO should capitalize on the hype and excitement by sponsoring tournament(s) and tournaments need prizes to motivate individuals to participate. This proposal will outline the acquisition of PV assets to be used by the UPDAO as prizes in these tournaments.
Motivation: The more excitement and fun surrounding the Brawler release the better for the PV ecosystem. Having tournaments will encourage participation and is important to the success of the game, the PV ecosystem, and the community. These tournaments will also encourage engagement from inside and outside of the PV community.
Rationale: The UPDAO was seeded with nearly 7888 ETH to be used by the community. The UPDAO could use 10 ETH to acquire several Pulse-Impacted People (PiPs). These would be set aside to then be distributed as tournament prizes for Brawler Tournaments, once the Pixel Vault Brawler game is released.
Steps of Implementation:
- Transfer 10 $ETH from the UPDAO (0x19C30Ad5EA4f7f9F36A8662b5FA2Cbc09E55FDED) to Richard (Discord: 0xRichard#9127) to allow Xxx, Xxx, (Trading Team) to acquire PiPs- Need to verify with Richard which wallet will be the trading wallet.
- The Trading Team will acquire at least 9 PiPs within their budget of 10 ETH.
- Once a PiP is acquired the trading team will transfer the PiP to the UPDAO wallet.
- Once all PiPs are acquired, the budget is exhausted, or the timeframe of implementation has lapsed all remaining ETH and/or PiPs from this proposal are returned to the UPDAO wallet.
- Once all assets are returned to the UPDAO wallet the trading team will be rewarded with $100 USD of $POW (approximately 6199 $POW at the writing of the proposal).
- A separate proposal will be required for the use of the PiPs acquired in this proposal to be used as tournament rewards.
Timeline: This proposal will be implemented as soon as reasonably possible once passed. The trading team will have until the Pixel Vault Brawler game is released to the public. Once the Brawler is released to the public, the trading team’s ability to purchase PiPs will expire.
Specification (What technical/development resources are needed? What do we need financially (include a breakdown)? What is the overall cost?): Allocate 10 $ETH from the UPDAO for this proposal. UPDAO will transfer this $ETH to the trading wallet. At the conclusion of this proposal the UPDAO will transfer the equivalent of $100 USD of $POW to the trading team members.
Return on Investment: Tangible ROI: At least 9 PiPs to the UPDAO to be used for the Brawler game as tournament prizes. Intangible ROI: This proposal allows the UPDAO to create tournaments with prizes that will encourage community engagement and further the success of the Brawler game. Brings more exposure to the Pixel Vault ecosystem.